- This event has passed.
2022 Oslo Freedom Forum
May 23 @ 10:00 am – May 25 @ 7:00 pm CEST
Every year, the Oslo Freedom Forum (OFF) features talks from inspiring activists, philanthropists, journalists, artists, entrepreneurs, and world leaders, all of whom come together for an immersive experience focused on making the world more peaceful, prosperous, and free. At OFF, you have the opportunity to connect with our community and contribute to the global movement against tyranny.
We are very excited to be returning to our home, Oslo, this year. At the 14th annual Oslo Freedom Forum, you will hear talks from some of the world’s bravest human rights defenders in the magnificent Oslo Concert Hall; engage with interactive art installations and live music performances; explore the struggle for freedom through panel discussions and workshops with thought leaders from around the world; discover exciting initiatives at the intersection of innovation, freedom, and technology; and collaborate with our diverse community to protect democracy where it is most at risk.
Confirmed speakers for the 2022 Oslo Freedom Forum so far include:
- Agnès Callamard, Secretary General of Amnesty International
- Areej Al-Sadhan, Activist & Sister of Jailed Saudi Dissident and Humanitarian Worker Abdulrahman Al-Sadhan
- Bektour Iskender, Kyrgyz Journalist & Free Speech Activist
- Carine Kanimba, Daughter of Imprisoned “Hotel Rwanda” Hero Paul Rusesabagina
- Chemi Lhamo, Tibetan Activist & Community Organizer
- Fatma Karume, Tanzanian lawyer and human rights advocate
- Filmon Debru, Eritrean Human Trafficking Survivor
- Glacier Kwong, Hong Kong Political & Digital Rights Activist
- Hamlet Lavastida, Artist, activist, and former political prisoner
- Jewher Ilham, Uyghur advocate, daughter of imprisoned scholar Ilham Tohti
- Lucy Kassa, Ethiopian investigative journalist
- Michela Wrong, Author and journalist
- Omar Alshogre, Director of Detainee Affairs at the Syrian Emergency Task Force
- Philippa Thomas, Journalist & Academic
- Roman Dobrokhotov, Russian Investigative Journalist
- Tawakkol Karman, Yemeni Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Zarifa Ghafari, Exiled Afghan Activist & Politician
More details about the event and participating speakers will be released soon! In the meantime, you can find additional information at oslofreedomforum.com and regular updates on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- If you have any questions about ticketing or the event itself, please contact [email protected]
- If you would like to purchase your ticket using BTC, please visit https://hrf.org/offbtc
- If you/your company are interested in sponsoring the Oslo Freedom Forum, please contact [email protected]
- If you are interested in attending as a member of the media, please contact [email protected]
The Oslo Freedom Forum is a program of the Human Rights Foundation and is made possible in part thanks to the ongoing generous support of our sponsors, including the Sergey Brin Family Foundation, the John Templeton Foundation, the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Twitter, the City of Oslo, Kavli Trust, Unlikely Collaborators, and Amazon.